Welcome Message

Greetings from Singapore! Welcome to Wang Lei's philatelic world!



If you would like to exchange covers/FDCs/postcards/maxicards/stamps with me, please drop me an email
wlphilately@gmail.com.



My special collection theme for Year 2012 onwards:
Manchukuo, Malaya Japanese Occupation, Ancient Legend/Myth/Stories or children's Fairy Tales.



Blog Archive

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My dreaming stamp issues on traditional Chinese painting

When you look at a stamp, you will be impressed by its design, color, content, ect; When you look at a stamp on painting, you will be definitely attracted by the painting. In another word, you are enjoying a painting.

Perhaps it is because the Chinese Post issued many stamps on traditional Chinese painting, I am always attracted by the stamps in painting topics. Today, I would like to share with you two issues on traditional Chinese painting: Galloping Horse by Xue Beihong and Qi Baishi's Painting Selection. These two issues are also my dreaming stamps and I will try to collect them during my next home visit in China.

Galloping Horse (Series No. T28, Issue Date: 5 May 1978)
Xu Beihong (徐悲鸿, 1895 - 1953) was primarily known for his Chinese ink painting of horses and birds. He was one of the first Chinese artists to articulate the need for artistic expressions that reflected a new model China at the beginning of the 20th century.

Some Chinese ink painting works by Xu Beihong
The other set of stamps are from another Chinese artist - Qi Baishi.

Qi Baishi's Painting Selection (Series No. T44, Issue Date: 15 Jan 1980)
Qi Baishi (齐白石, 1864 - 1957) was one of the most well-known contemporary Chinese painters. The subjects of his paintings include almost everything, common animals, scenery, vegetables, figures and so on. In my memory, when I heard his name for the first time, his name was linked to the painting of a common kind of vegetable - Chinese cabbage.

Qi Baishi's artworks

References:
  1. http://www.pudongstamps.com/
  2. http://www.chinaonlinemuseum.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hi, good day there. First of all, I want to thank you for someone like you who love the effort that designers who design these stamps. Please check out www.igpc.com there are many Chinese stamps we did and many more. There are designers and myself who design many stamps just so a stamps collector like yourself will love to see what's new out there. Thank you, and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete